- 1 French baguette
- 1 ½ tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. cannabutter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- powdered sugar
Lightly butter a 13 by 9-inch (32.5 by 23-cm) baking dish.
Cut the baguette crosswise at an angle into 8 slices.
Each should be about ¾ inch (2 cm) thick. Using a small bowl, cream the pair of butters together until thoroughly combined.
Now spread the butter onto a single side of each of your 8 slices and then arrange them butter side up in your prepared baking dish.
Next, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, syrup, vanilla, and salt.
Pour the mixture over the bread and press the slices down into it before covering the dish and allowing it to refrigerate for 8 hours.
When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
Once heated, place the uncovered baking dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Dust them with powdered sugar and serve.
HOW TO DECARB YOUR CANNABIS
- Baking tray (preferably Pyrex)
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Set your oven temperature to 225 degrees Fahrenheit and place the oven rack in the middle position. Ovens are hotter at the top and cooler at the bottom, placing it in the middle will ensure that you are decarboxylating at the ideal temperature.
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil to the size of your baking sheet and lightly crumple it, then lay it across the baking sheet. This will minimize the direct contact of the cannabis to the baking sheet, which conducts heat better than aluminum foil and will get hotter than the air in the oven.
- Lightly break up the cannabis until it is about the size of a grain of rice, too fine of a grind increases the risk of burning. Spread the cannabis across the aluminum foil, then lightly lay another piece of aluminum foil on top. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. The cannabis should look lightly toasted and golden brown.
- When it is cool enough to handle, carefully put your decarboxylated cannabis into a storage container to use for future cooking.